Location: Pompano Beach
Posted on: May 18, 2023
US1277 FreshPoint South Florida, Inc.
Minimum Level of Education:
High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:
Up to 25%
This position provides support to the transportation
manager/director in supervising the activities related to delivery
and backhauls. This includes, training and supervising
transportation department associates, compliance with government
regulations and promoting safety and security of the transportation
- Supervises the daily work and safety of transportation
associates, including adherence to standard operating procedures,
Food Safety Standards and preferred work methods, adherence to
planned routes, and providing safe and efficient customer
- Ensures transportation associates' comply with local, state and
federal regulatory agencies (i.e. DOT, OSHA, etc.) and ensures that
electronic logs are kept current and accurate.
- Oversees labor hours and consumable supplies within
- Prepares work schedules including extra work days and shifts as
- Assists with the training of new associates, including
cross-training of existing associates.
- Direct the proper selection and utilization of company assets
in support of the delivery department.
- Coordinates required repairs with proper departments as
- Reviews delivery functions and productivity reporting; suggests
efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assists with
implementation of delivery changes.
- Interprets, trains and consistently enforces company policies,
protocols and procedures including but not limited to food safety,
DOT, record keeping, etc.
- Communicates with warehouse and customer service teams to
collaboratively resolve any customer or delivery opportunities or
- Visits customer locations and meets with customers to address
issues and assess delivery difficulty.
- Maintains positive associate relations through regular
department or pre-shift meetings;
- Keeps open communication channels with associates by answering
questions and explaining policies and procedures.
- Monitors associate morale, along with submitting and responding
to ideas to improve associate engagement and enablement.
- Works with safety manager to aid in training, conducting
associate observations, up-dating preferred work methods,
conducting accident investigations to determine root causes and
routine safety inspections.
- Makes recommendations for corrective action and/or behavior
modification where required.
- Performs management functions of staff selection, development,
discipline, performance reviews and/or terminations.
- Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and predictable
attendance and works outside of the normal schedule as required to
meet workload demands.
- Performs the duties of associates supervised and other related
duties as needed (and as qualified).
- High school diploma, general education degree (GED), or
equivalent degree; or equivalent combination of education and
- 2 or 4-year college degree in business management, supply chain
management or similar major preferred.
- 2-4 years of transportation experience and/or training.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Class A Commercial Driver's License is preferred but not
- Certificate of DOT regulations training is preferred.
- Knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, DOT
rules and regulations; preferred work methods and standard
operating procedures (SOP); spreadsheet software and word
- Skilled in making independent decisions in support of company
policies and procedures on time.
- Ability to successfully engage and lead individual and team
discussions and meetings.
- Solve practical problems and interpret a variety of
instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule
- Apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and
- Work in a disciplined manner and capable of following
established procedures, practices and comply with local, state and
- Manage the pressures and stress associated with a
deadline-oriented atmosphere and customer service issues.
- Learn SYGMA technology software and programs.
- Read, comprehend, write and speak English.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Can read, analyze and interpret, technical procedures, or
- Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from
groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to sit, talk and hear.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; bend; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, lift
and/or move up to 100 pounds, push/pull up to 350 pounds using a 2
wheeled hand cart.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those associate encounters while performing
essential functions of the job.
- Occasionally exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid
conditions, moving mechanical parts and may be required to work in
- Works non-traditional business hours including evenings,
nights, weekends, holidays and on-call.
- May occasionally be required to travel to other distribution
centers or the corporate office as business needs dictate (e.g.
- Periodically exposed to high, precarious places, fumes or
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general
nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this
job. This job description in no way states or implies that the
duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be
performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be
required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other
job-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job
description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and
responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be
reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over
57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco
operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and
serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco, Pompano Beach , Transportation Supervisor, Professions , Pompano Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...