Company: Sol Group Marketing Company
Location: Pompano Beach
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Sol Group Marketing is a fully owned subsidiary of Fyffes, one
of the largest and oldest tropical produce importers and
distributors around the world. Sol is the leading producer and
distributor of offshore melons in North America, and the largest
grower and importer of winter melons. Job Summary:The Facilities
Manager at Sol plans, directs, or coordinates the maintenance,
construction works and safety operations of the company warehouse
facilities and buildings in Pompano Beach, Florida, including
surrounding grounds. The role also manages third-party Security
services to ensure that the premises and staff are secure.The
Facilities Manager reports to the VP of Administrative Services.
He/she may supervise one or two Maintenance Technicians during peak
season.Duties and Responsibilities:Core duties and responsibilities
include the following. Other duties may be assigned by
- Monitor the day-to-day maintenance of buildings and grounds,
liaising with contractors, vendors, and leaseholders as
- Monitor the facilities to ensure that they remain safe, secure,
- Manage preventive maintenance of facility equipment, including
HVAC, fire safety, plumbing and electrical
- Oversee construction and renovation projects to ensure that
facilities meet environmental, health, and security standards, and
comply with government regulations.
- Oversee the maintenance and repair of machinery, equipment, and
electrical and mechanical systems.
- Participate in architectural and engineering planning and
design, including space and installation management.
- Plan, administer, and control budgets for related contracts,
equipment, and supplies.
- Prepare and review operational reports and schedules to ensure
accuracy and efficiency.
- Arrange for necessary repairs to restore service and
- Conduct physical examinations of property to ensure compliance
with security policies and regulations.
- Coordinate security operations or activities with Security
vendor, public law enforcement, fire, and other agencies.
- Direct or participate in emergency management and contingency
- Monitor compliance with internal security policies, or
applicable government security requirements, policies, and
- Coordinate security activities to safeguard company employees,
guests, or others on company property. Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in facilities maintenance, building
engineering or equivalent related functions (relevant experience in
the fresh produce industry desired).
- Minimum of 3 years of experience related to public or
- Knowledge of general maintenance methods, operating
requirements, and safety precautions related to facilities
- Adept at reading and interpreting construction drawings,
documents, and specifications as well as analyzing reports to
support recommendations and strategy for the divisions
- Strong familiarity with the State of Florida building laws and
- Prior experience working in refrigerated facilities strongly
- At least 3 years of supervisory experience
- Spanish preferredSkills and Abilities:
- Procurement and negotiation skills.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to proactively
- Strong understanding of risk management principles.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent project/time management skills, within a fast-paced
- Strong awareness of sustainable ways of working and the impact
of construction works on the environment.
- Able to establish strong cross-functional relationships
- Good conflict management skills.
- Good verbal and written English communication skills.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Paid Vacation
- Health/Dental/Vision Plan for employee and eligible
- Life Insurance, Long-Term & Short-Term Disability, Travel
Keywords: Sol Group Marketing Company, Pompano Beach , Facilities Manager, Professions , Pompano Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!