HVAC&R Product Development Engineer
Company: Scientific Search
Location: Pompano Beach
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Pompano Beach, FL (Relocation Assistance)
Check out all of our
Scientific Search's client, an international manufacturing company,
has an immediate need for an HVAC&R Product Development
Engineer. This is a full-time, direct hire position with a dynamic
& growing organization. This position reports directly to the
Director of Engineering and is responsible for the overall
technology advancement of HVAC&R marine products. Manages
development projects, quality improvements, and major upgrades of
existing products. Manages the creation of bills of materials and
other documentation. Interfaces with Sustainment and Manufacturing
Engineering to introduce new products/product revisions.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Designs new innovative products as well as upgrading the design
of existing products to increase quality and safety and reduce
- Work closely with Product Management team to identify market
opportunities, research solutions, create generation planning, and
make project decisions.
- Directs the creation and updating of 3D models, drawings,
procedures, work instructions, manuals, literature, BOM's, etc.,
for the development of new products and upgrade of existing
products. Ensures quality and thoroughness of engineering
- Develops component specifications for purchasing department and
evaluates alternate parts offered by purchasing and vendors.
- Design products and components utilizing prescribed tools such
as QFD, CAD, DFMA and DFMEA's in accordance with company and
ISO9001 requirements and procedures.
- Manages the completion of lab testing and preparing of
- Coordinate and lead design reviews and design FMEA's
- Works closely with Sustainment and Manufacturing Engineering,
Quality, Customer Service, and Purchasing departments to
incorporate improvements into new product designs.
- Directs fabrication of prototypes to support new product
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops; reviewing professional publications;
establishing personal networks; participating in professional
- Ensure all new products meet current ABYC, CE, and NEC
- Estimate and evaluate project design costs and timelines.
Coordinate activities and resource planning to meet targets.
- Manage preparation of information for testing laboratories,
CSA, ETL, CE, RCM.
- Keep abreast of competitive products and engineering
developments in the HVAC&R industry.
- Four-year engineering degree, BSME, BSCE, BSEE, or
- Minimum 4 to 10 years' experience in Electrical or Mechanical
- Two years HVAC&R, engineering project management,
- SolidWorks 3D modeling proficient.
- Strong hands-on mechanical and fabrication skills.
- Brazing/welding skills preferred
- Strong understanding of refrigeration cycle, its real-life
characteristics and related practical heat transfer
- Familiar with components in refrigeration systems: compressors,
evaporators, condenser, valves, fans, water pumps, BLDC motors,
For immediate consideration, send current resume to Will
& reference Job #16080
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident. Client will NOT
Keywords: Scientific Search, Pompano Beach , HVAC&R Product Development Engineer, Professions , Pompano Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!