Company: Alsco Inc.
Location: Pompano Beach
Posted on: March 24, 2020
The Maintenance Worker is responsible for regular preventative
maintenance of large industrial textile processing equipment, as
well as facility maintenance. Assists the Maintenance Technician
and/or Chief Engineer as required. This position reports to the
- Performs basic maintenance duties, including monitoring oil
levels and performing regular preventative maintenance of grease
fittings, lint traps, shaker screen barrels, limited electrical
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform
the functions of the job.
- Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Assists in problem resolution in an effort to minimize equipment
- Looks for opportunities to continually improve maintenance
- Works with all plant personnel in a cooperative and professional
- Strictly adheres to all safety rules, policies and procedures
required by Alsco, law, and what is recognized as common practice
in the industry.
- Ensures work is performed safely and efficiently.
- Follows written and verbal instructions and performs other tasks
as directed by supervision.
- Complies with all Federal, State and local laws.
- May work with and support other branch personnel as required by
- Drive and pick up parts, transport equipment, parts, etc.
- Have and maintain a valid driver s license and driving record
free of chargeable accidents, speeding or other safety
- Demonstrate adequate mechanical aptitude.
- Proficient in the proper use of power and hand tools.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English, ability
to comprehend and follow direction, perform basic math, good time
management and team member skills.
- Must be a team player with enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in
work well done; self-starter dedicated to continual quality
- High school graduate or equivalency preferred.
Typical Physical Activity:
- Standing, sitting, walking, bending, stooping, reaching,
twisting, kneeling, working in confined areas, reaching overhead,
driving a forklift, grasping, moving equipment, pushing, pulling,
moving loaded carts weighing up to 500 lbs, lifting and carrying up
to 100 lbs, reading, writing, speaking, hearing.
Typical Environmental Conditions:
- Inside and outside areas of a typical industrial laundry
facility, which includes working with and around large machinery,
variations in temperature, noise, odors, humidity, lint and dust,
in general offices or on outside grounds.
- Occasionally, such as to procure parts.
The Maintenance Worker must perform the essential duties and
responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
efficiently and accurately, and without causing significant safety
threat to self or others. The statements made herein are intended
to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
employees assigned to this job classification. They are not
intended to be construed as an exhaustive and inclusive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and/or skills required of personnel so
Alsco is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity
Revised:06/20/2019 Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Alsco Inc., Pompano Beach , Maintenance Worker, Professions , Pompano Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!