Company: Atlantis Academy
Location: Pompano Beach
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Atlantis Academy, a growing, dynamic organization with a social
mission to offer hope is seeking Instructional Aides to join our
award-winning team and perform meaningful work in a culture that
welcomes innovation, encourages creative expression and offers
limitless potential for personal and professional satisfaction!
If you thrive in a fast-paced,
goal-oriented, outcome-driven environment, seek a career with
genuine purpose, and possess a problem-solving mindset, a sense of
humor, and a stellar work ethic We Should Talk! ??As an
Instructional Aide, you will provide individualized supervision and
instruction to assigned students and additional support to the core
classroom staff. Working with student(s) to implement their
individualized education programs (IEP), you will utilize group and
individual instruction in the classroom and community.?
- Working with students to improve their community, vocational,
leisure, domestic, academic, and social skills.
- Implementing curriculum (including all on-site and
community-based instruction) and behavioral intervention strategies
consistent with the letter and intent of the IEP/ITP (Individual
Transition Plan)/PBIP (Positive Behavior Intervention Plan) to meet
each students goals and objectives.
- Instructing and monitoring students during lessons in the
classroom to ensure fidelity of instruction.
- Encouraging and monitoring the progress of individual students
in accordance with specific timelines and communicating with the
classroom teacher regarding overall progress and/or interventions
- Completing accurate and timely documentation on students
behavior as outlined by school procedures; reporting observations
to relevant staff and making recommendations based on
- Assisting in preparation of other behavioral reports and daily
activities log as required.
- Maintaining confidentiality of student information and records
at all times.
- Participate in school meetings, student/parent meetings and
individual student advisory meetings as requested and
- Responding constructively to formal and informal feedback.
- Performing other duties as assigned.? Qualifications Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent with passage of basic skills
- Associate degree in education or related field preferred.
- PPS/paraprofessional credentials.
- Special education certification preferred.
- Prior experience working with children in an education program
- Prior experience working with individuals with severe emotional
and/or behavioral disorders preferred.
- Ability to think and act quickly and calmly in an emergency
situation and make independent decisions.
- Solid motivational skills and willingness to be flexible and
adapt to changing priorities and new initiatives.
- Working knowledge of computer software applications such as
Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Atlantis Academy is
a division of , the nations leading provider of alternative and
special education programs for children and young adults. For more
than 45 years, and in partnership with over 235 school districts
nationwide, we have helped change the direction of more than
240,000 student lives!???? Learn more about our history, our
mission, and the program services we provide by visiting the links
As a member of the ChanceLight family
you will be provided with the opportunity to make meaningful
impacts, the support needed to achieve success, and all the tools
essential to reaching your personal & professional fulfillment!?
Additional Perks and Benefits Include:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Virtual Medical Visits
- Health Savings Account
- Paid Time Off
- School Hours and Paid Holiday Schedule
- Company Paid Life & Disability Insurance
- 401k Options
- Legal Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Opportunities for Growth & Development
- And So Much More!If you're ready to start changing the
direction of students' lives by providing them the opportunity to
create successful, independent futures this is your Chance!Join us
and start making a genuine difference in the lives of children
TODAY!Careers, With ChanceLight ???? Work. With
- High School or betterPreferred
- Associates or betterLicenses & CertificationsPreferred
- ParaprofessionalEqual Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Atlantis Academy, Pompano Beach , Instructional Aide, Other , Pompano Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!