Company: US Water Services Corporation
Location: Pompano Beach
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionU.S. Water Services Corporation is a
well-established and diverse water and wastewater utility
organization specializing in utility maintenance, operations,
engineering and construction services. U.S. Water is a fast paced
and rapidly expanding company headquartered in New Port Richey,
Florida with a staff of over 700 employees in twenty states.The
ideal candidate will need to be able to perform the following
duties and responsibilities:
- Manually and accurately reads and records water meters for
billing purposes on schedule. Expectation is to read 45-50 meters
per hour after training period of 3 to 6 months.
- Performs re-checks and usage confirmation to determine
consistency of meter readings.
- Checks meters and reports inoperable, or damaged meters.
- Checks and reports missing meter lids or broken meter
- Replaces meters 5/8" to ¾", fixes PVC pipe where needed up to
- Performs disconnections and reconnections when assigned within
- Performs meter accuracy testing when assigned by UB.
- Cleans (digs out dirt from) meter boxes and surrounding area
periodically and/or as assigned.
- Ensures the cleanliness, and maintenance of any assigned
- Ensures all appropriate tools are in good shape and functional.
Reports and requests tools in a timely manner as to not delay work
flow and productivity.
- Performs as a backup Meter Reader for our Dania Beach
- Continuously works with UB department and Supervisor to improve
and perform tasks as requires.
- On call daily up to 8pm and weekends.
- All other duties as assigned.Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to walk, stand, bend, and stair climb for extended
periods of time, 8+ hours per day in ALL types of weather
- Frequent lifting meter lids of up to 15 pounds and occasional
lifting of 50 pounds is required.
- Ability to work 95% of the time outdoors in ALL types of
weather conditions. Heat, Rain, Humidity, Cold etc.
- Frequently encountering bugs, and other wildlife (frogs,
snakes, bees, fire ants)Compensation and Benefits: Pay is
commensurate with experience and market-reflective. US Water/USW
Utility Group offers a comprehensive benefits package including
medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long-term
disability, paid time off, holiday pay and 401(k) with company
match.US Water/USW Utility Group offers competitive wages and
benefits and is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: US Water Services Corporation, Pompano Beach , Meter Reader, Other , Pompano Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!