Company: GEO Corrections & Detentions (A GEO Company)
Location: Pompano Beach
Posted on: November 17, 2021
Facility:--BROWARD TRANSITION CENTERCompensation
Base:--Compensation Bonus (if applicable):--Equal Opportunity
Employer.SummaryThis position oversees and maintains custody, care,
and control of inmates or detainees of a facility, while enforcing
the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of the company and
contracting agency.Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees and monitors the activities of the inmates or
detainees in living areas, recreation activities areas, dining
areas and visitation areas.
- Coordinates and monitors inmate or detainee movements, conducts
counts, and provides emergency response as needed.
- May be assigned to various posts including, but not limited to,
the control room, front and sally port entrance, health services,
special housing, perimeter security, transportation, work details,
reception, intake, and visits officer, etc., as required by
- Provides security in program activities and supervises labor
crews in various areas around facility.
- Conducts shakedown for contraband materials, either
individually or as part of a specialized team. Confiscates
contraband in accordance to facility and contracting agency
policies and procedures.
- Initiates disciplinary reports on inmates or detainees.
- Prepares reports and maintains daily logs as required.
- Ensures prompt and appropriate assistance to inmates or
detainees in the event of injury, illness or trauma.
- Promotes facility cleanliness and reports need for maintenance
- Serves as member of special teams to respond to emergencies as
- Completes training courses as required by facility training
- Performs correctional duties for any shift as defined by
- Performs other duties as assigned.--Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- College coursework and advanced training in behavioral
sciences, correctional services or related field preferred.
Training in cultural diversity or sensitivity preferred.
- Six months of Corrections, law enforcement or military
- Possession of applicable state requisites for employment.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Ability to handle physical and mental stress associated with
working extended hours.
- Must be able to regularly report to work without being
- Ability to be physically alert on any shift that is
- Ability to work up to sixteen (16) hours within a rolling 24
- May be required to possess valid state driver---s license.
- Must be mature, flexible, able to command the respect and
confidence of inmates or detainees and staff and possess a high
tolerance to mental stress.
Keywords: GEO Corrections & Detentions (A GEO Company), Pompano Beach , OFFICER, Other , Pompano Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!