Enterprise IT Architect - MF Cobol
Location: Coral Springs
Posted on: October 14, 2021
What does a great Enterprise IT Architect do?
Core Role Expectations:
- The Enterprise IT Architect will be responsible for
enterprise-wide strategy formulation, vision implementation,
operational tasks, cost, and risk management.
- Leads/directs projects and resources and has full
responsibility for their outcomes. Plans and conducts assignments
involving the larger and more important projects and resources.
Oversees the progress of project goals
may oversee the outcomes of others simultaneously; evaluates
results. May act in liaison with other departments, divisions, and
organizations. Operates with latitude for unreviewed actions and/or
- Evaluates progress and results and recommends major change in
- Provides leadership through the assessment and analysis of
complex data, theory, and application of practices.
- Delivery of Open Systems solutions to our internal and external
partners and clients.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background;
versed in many facets of Open Systems technologies and solutions.
The candidate should possess a self-directed work ethic with
demonstrated ability to work with internal and external teams of
As an Enterprise IT Architect, you will:
- Investigate technologies and solutions which help the team
achieve deliverables and results.
- Keep abreast with risk and vulnerability reports and working
towards developing solutions that are aligned with industry
- Work with internal and external clients to understand, elicit
and define functional and non-functional application
- Work with business process analysts and technical leads to
derive conceptual designs and solutions.
- Assist project managers with sizing estimate and
- Develop and unit test software within teams of varied size and
- Benchmark and load test developed modules and integrated
- Assist quality assurance team in the conduct of solution
- Documenting software specifications and requirements.
- Work with infrastructure teams to define and establish
application environments and implementation of software
- Provide post-implementation support for developed software
applications and solutions.
- Work with vendors and solution partners of integrated
components to resolve implementation and/or operational
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- 4 Year Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related
- Minimum 10 years of experience with at least 5 years in
Enterprise Architecture Roles
- The Resource needs to have Micro Focus 3.0 or higher, Linux,
RedHat implementation experience.
- Implementation of Legacy Mainframe/Cobol applications in Micro
Focus is highly desired
- Knowledge of General Open System / Distributed systems
- Knowledge of Cobol Applications is desired
- Ability to traverse through multiple data formats xml, Jsons
- Experience in developing and implementing Restful APIs
- Good understanding of Network ports/Transfer protocols.
- Ability to process/analyze large amounts of data and logs.
- UI and Backend Development experience nice to have but not
- Prior Experience with First Data/Fiserv in Micro Focus / Flex
environments is nice to have but not required.
- 6+ years of experience in software development within Linux
environment; with a strong focus on development using JAVA,
- Experienced in structured and agile development
- Experienced in load testing and benchmarking tools such as
JMeter, LoadRunner, etc.
- Experienced in Linux-based database technology and versed with
- Experienced in web services developments using XML, SOAP,
- Experienced in intermediate administration of Linux systems
(preferably RedHat Enterprise Linux). Having strong knowledge of
command set and are able to perform applications/packages
installation, configuration, and maintenance of services.
- Experienced in setting up and configuring key Linux server
services like: HTTP/S server, LDAP server and NFS servers.
- Knowledge of application security setup using common security
standards like SSL, TLS, secured ciphers, etc.
- Working experience in the setup and maintenance of Micro Focus
Enterprise Server. Having development experience of field solutions
for MFES will be highly desirable.
- Knowledge of networking concepts and common networking
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies, in particular VMware,
- Experienced with software versioning control using GIT,
BitBucket and SVN.
Preferred Skills for Consideration:
- Knowledge in JBOSS, WebSphere MQ, Python, Windows' Batch and
- Knowledge in OS and application monitoring suite.
- Prior experience working on bank related products and
Travel required: Up to 25%
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes
a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits
package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety
of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our
commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and
fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t
thinking about “financial services”. But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every
minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions,
corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of
times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling
innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the
way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000
associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so
their customers, members and consumers can move money when and
where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that
moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE
Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive
year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is
an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your
Forward with us.
Keywords: Fiserv, Pompano Beach , Enterprise IT Architect - MF Cobol, Other , Coral Springs, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!