Company: Campbell Soup
Location: Pompano Beach
Posted on: October 8, 2021
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its
people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in
which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
The DSD Warehouse Manager is responsible for order shipment
coordination and verification of Snyder’s-Lance and distributor
products. Maintains day to day operations within the warehouse.
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in
verifying and keeping records on incoming and outgoing shipments,
preparing items for receipt, shipment and storage by performing the
Essential Job Duties:
- Studies shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders and
other records to determine shipping priorities, work assignments,
and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving
- Oversees incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure
accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments.
- Inspects material handling equipment for defects and notifies
appropriate personnel for repair.
- Directs movement of shipments from shipping and receiving
platform to storage and work areas including managing and directing
employees in loading and unloading trailers of palletized and
- Manages inventory and maintains accurate inventory
- Maintains area in accordance with all internal and external
regulatory guidelines, i.e., OSHA, FDA, PDA, DOT, etc.
- Manages the recording systems for amounts of materials or items
received or distributed.
- Adjusts errors and complaints.
- Manages and directs staff in cycle count inventory of all
merchandise; records counts on cycle count sheets and adjusts
inventory in system accordingly.
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and
researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data;
Designs work flows and procedures.
- Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and
information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies
design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers
and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative
solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses
reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates
changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget;
Manages project team activities.
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and
development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge
and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains
confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps
emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative
situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to
questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in
- Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and
grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical
data effectively; Able to read and interpret written
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits
objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes
feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts
success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group
commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to
- Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the
person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations
and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for
- Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates
others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions
of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate
recognition to others.
- Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and
process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates'
activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular
performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages
growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and
external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes,
products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory
- Understands business implications of decisions; Displays
orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and
competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost
saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves
- Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and
sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value
of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a
- Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks
correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values;
Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports
affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals;
Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market
and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities;
Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and
accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions;
Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes
- Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence
and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of
excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently;
Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives;
Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops
realistic action plans.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under
pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless
of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own
actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to
improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve
performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner;
Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate
action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions;
Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing
demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able
to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes
responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long
hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on
time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities;
Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and
calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities;
Asks for and offers help when needed.
- May perform other duties as required.
Scope of Responsibility:
Directly supervises 2 or more employees in the DSD Warehouse
Division. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in
accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and resolving problems.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability
and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid
geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages,
ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical
instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several
abstract and concrete variables.
Education and Experience:
Associate's Degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical
school; a minimum of 6 months related experience and/or training;
or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Knowledge of computers and the use of Excel is a necessity.
Professional Licenses or Certifications:
Ability to qualify for fork lift licenses. Must have a valid
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit, talk or hear, and use hands to finger,
handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stoop or
kneel. The employee must be able to sit most of the day, typing and
using the phone.
Office environment; noise level is usually moderate.
Minimal travel may be required.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: Campbell Soup, Pompano Beach , Mgr Warehouse, Other , Pompano Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!