Fresh Buyer I - Meat
Company: United Natural Foods Inc
Location: Pompano Beach
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Maintains responsibility for the profitable procurement and
timely delivery of products for assigned lines. Works closely with
Category Managers to achieve the goals of the category business
plan. Provides supply chain/inventory management for a limited
promotionally active grocery desk and corresponding financial
accountabilities. Buys in accordance with all policies and
procedures established by the Company, Category Manager(s), and
- Reviews acquisition costs to ensure items purchased are at the
lowest cost consistent with considerations of quality, reliability
of source, and urgency of need.
- Assesses current inventory to determine order quantity.
- Completes forward buy research, analysis and makes
recommendations to Category Manager.
- Completes purchase order input based on review of stock status
report and safety stock levels.
- Reviews monthly display planner to determine what inventory
levels are needed to meet ad requirements.
- Conducts post-promotional reviews and analysis to determine if
promotional requirements were met and if there were problem areas,
- Conducts logistics planning processes while ordering products
to attain the best net product price possible.
- Manages inventory investment to attain projected category
- Reviews and resolves pre-books/scan based issues received from
stores or division personnel, may require reordering product or
accepting product returns from stores.
- Completes quarterly scorecard to assess whether inventory,
service level and category profitability were attained.
- Reviews and analyzes daily and weekly reports to check service
levels and inventory turns, makes adjustments as needed.
- Conducts loss prevention reviews and recommends package changes
to the category team.
- Visits stores, as needed, to monitor programs, obtain store
feedback and to assess overall implementation effectiveness as
- Approves Accounts Payable variance processes for distribution
sourced items to ensure correct prices have been invoiced.
- Resolves store billing questions by interfacing with
distribution and store associates.
- Resolves store distribution issues by acting as a liaison with
the Transportation department and store associates.
- Maintains all necessary department files and records.
- Maintains assigned SKU integrity maintenance in system.
- Coordinates with Warehouse Operations to maintain the proper
product flow through the facility, in a timely manner.
- Supports and implements corporate initiatives.
- Degree in Business, Marketing or related field or relevant
experience of marketing, accounting and financial management
practices preferred. Store department managerial experience
- This is the entry level buying position requiring at least two
years professional experience preferred.
- Previous store operations experience or similar experience
where an understanding of operations and merchandising approaches
has been gained.
- Familiar with procurement, logistics and inventory management
- Analytical and problem solving skills, experience in taking
initiative and making appropriate decisions.
- Planning and organizing skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills as well as
interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective business
relationships within and outside the company.
- Computer aptitude with the ability to use spreadsheet and
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin,
disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal
Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and
respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA
Keywords: United Natural Foods Inc, Pompano Beach , Fresh Buyer I - Meat, Other , Pompano Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!