JOB TITLE: Expeditor APO
DEPARTMENT: Assembly & Packaging Operations
REPORTS TO: APO Production Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Expeditor / Material Handler, gather, distribute, and facilitate
the flow of materials between Warehouse and APO by following work
orders from Scheduling/Planning department. Examines the
manufacturing needs and moves material based on manufacturing
demands, including processing ERP assigning and returning
transactions to properly track inventory throughout the APO
Additionally, the expeditor will perform inventory cycle counts
within APO department and monitor stock inventory level for
accuracy, escalate critical inventory shortages, implement, and
maintain min-max or Kanban, assign and return material and
coordinate with external departments for movement of material while
following established procedures and guidelines and maintaining
compliance with FDA guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Monitor and record stock inventory levels and report inventory
Implement and maintain min-max or Kanban to manage critical
Work autonomously throughout the day with minimal
Ability to understand warehouse and material movement process
Ability to operate pallet jack to move material from warehouse,
to and inside APO department.
Ability to perform basic data entry into ERP system, assigning
and returning material.
Ability to read, understand and follow standard operating
procedures and work instructions.
Ability to communicate effectively, escalate issues to
Production Lead or Supervisor.
Exercise good judgement by making sound decision and escalate
issues when appropriate.
Maintain attendance in good standing with a good attitude and
positive work environment.
Will work between warehouse, transition room and a cleanroom
manufacturing floor with no abnormal hazards or risks. May be
subject to changes in temperature and exposure to dust.
1. High School diploma, GED, or equivalent.
2. Must be able to read, write, and speak English language and
3. Must be basic and accurate in the use of computer software
programs and accessing information from the company computer
4. Excellent communication and organizational skills, focus on
5. Basic computer knowledge.
6. Performs well under pressure and able to handle multiple
projects at one time.
7. Demonstrates initiative and self-motivation.
8. Must have basic organizational, communication, time
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED
9. Work experience with a medical device manufacturer.
10. 2+ yr. Experience in warehouse job function.
11. Forklift certification or demonstrate experience in
operating a forklift.
12. Medical Device product and/or market knowledge.
13. Injection Molding or Assembly Operations knowledge.
Must be able to stand or walk for up to eight hours or
throughout most of a shift. Repetitive bending, reaching, pulling,
pushing, and lifting. Moderate physical effort required equivalent
to lifting 25 pounds and moving/pulling up to 100 lbs. using pallet