Warehouse Supervisor - Nights - Pompano Beach, FL
Company: United Natural Foods Inc
Location: Pompano Beach
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Join our team and immediately become part of the largest
distributor of conventional, natural, organic and specialty
products in the United States and Canada. We serve over 43,000
customer locations with 200,000 different products. Our Warehouse
associates supply thousands of consumers with better for you food
that nourishes families nationwide. Our retailers range from small
family owned stores to Wholefoods Markets and everything in
between. Are you ready to make an impact on the lives of others and
feel good about what you do? Join our growing Distribution team
- Competitive Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K &
- Growth and professional development opportunities.
- Recognition for great work, company events and picnics, and
- Full-time employment opportunity
- Responsible for Supervising the shipping/receiving functions of
all outgoing/incoming products from the warehouse. Leads and
controls activities of company warehouse personnel. Front line
supervision is an extremely important function for the company,
positive interaction with the employees is critical as this ensures
getting work out on time, efficiently, and accurately. Ensures
shipping, receiving, storage, and distribution are performed in an
efficient manner. Takes precautions to protect warehouse contents
against loss. Retains and reviews warehouse documents and reports.
Conducts Warehouse operations in accordance with established
procedures and policies and keeps management informed of Warehouse
activities. Completes miscellaneous support functions and supports
area personnel as required.
Essential Functions & Basic Duties:
- Provides direction and proper motivation to leads and line
employees to ensure the daily workload is completed in an efficient
and cost effective manner.
- Maintains a positive presence on the floor throughout the
- Supervises all warehouse functions.
- Completes appropriate paperwork and reports as required.
- Provides new hire and follow- up training for all
- Performs job evaluations and communicates results to
- Evaluates work performance of personnel regarding promotions,
absenteeism, commendations and disciplinary action.
- Communicates with other members of management and departments
to ensure that goals are accomplished.
- Maintains a safe, clean work environment. Be knowledgeable of
all emergency procedures and regulations regarding fire and other
- Perform duties in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical
Control Points (HACCP) and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and
procedures, as appropriate for location
- Other duties as assigned
- Warehouse receiving and delivery processes are efficient and
effective. Problems are tracked and promptly resolved.
- Inventory levels are appropriate, controlled, and accurately
- Documents, computer records, and files are current and
- Safety regulations and procedures are followed.
- Professional business relations exist with suppliers, vendors,
outside contacts and internal departments.
- Management is appropriately informed of area activities and of
any significant problems.
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience.
- Basic knowledge of purchasing and inventory procedures and
- Understanding of required computer applications.
- Familiarity with courier and mailing functions.
- Three or more years of progressive related experience.
- Excellent leadership abilities.
- Able to organize, coordinate, and direct team activities.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Able to use all related maintenance equipment and computer
- Attentive to detail.
- Good communication and public relations skills.
- Able to operate PC and use Microsoft Office Applications: Word
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin,
disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal
Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and
respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA
Keywords: United Natural Foods Inc, Pompano Beach , Warehouse Supervisor - Nights - Pompano Beach, FL, Other , Pompano Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!