Job Purpose: Develops and nurtures children by planning and
implementing educational programs; providing day-care; keeping
Duties: * Stimulates emotional, intellectual, and social growth
of students by developing and directing educational programs and
activities tailored to assigned class; supervising day care.
* Provides safe environment by maintaining orderly, clean, and
appealing facilities; eliminating or removing known safety hazards;
following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with
* Encourages students' participation by providing interactive
* Informs staff and parents of curriculum by preparing and
submitting lesson plans; posting schedules and curriculum
* Keeps parents informed by posting parent information in the
classroom; maintaining and sharing records of child's progress and
* Encourages development of student self-control by utilizing
classroom management and modeling techniques.
* Ensures consistency of service by maintaining open
communications with parents and staff. 8.maintains equipment and
supplies following operating instructions; troubleshooting
breakdowns; performing preventive maintenance, calling for repairs;
inventorying supplies; placing orders; verifying receipt.
* Improves educational quality results by studying, evaluating,
and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining
personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Enhances pre-school center reputation by accepting ownership
for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring
opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills/Qualifications: Safety Management, Motivating Others,
Persuasion, Listening, Verbal Communication, Resolving Conflict,
Self-Motivated, Deals with Uncertainty, Objectivity,
Confidentiality, Emotional Control