Generator Field Technician
Location: Pompano Beach
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Generator Field Technician
Field & Repair Service
1500 NW 15th Avenue, Pompano Beach, FL
This position will do preventative maintenance service,
troubleshooting, service, repairs and emergency service on stand-by
generators. This includes the ability to replace batteries,
chargers, belts, hoses, filters, tune-up engines (gasoline,
diesel), and assist in radiator replacement.
- Perform repairs and services on all makes and models of
- Inspections, repairs, services and start-up load bank test
requirements on equipment.
- Troubleshooting equipment and servicing generator components
including alternators, wiring harnesses, safety devices, shutdown
switches, and battery systems.
- Apply proper engine technical skills in inspection,
disassembly, failure analysis, assembly, diagnosis, and engine
operating performance tests.
- Identify the problem and cause of failure through logical
troubleshooting steps, determine corrective action through
inspection of failed parts.
- Repair and troubleshooting engines such as Kohler, Cummins,
Detroit Diesel, John Deere, MTU and Volvo.
- Communicate all information to customers in an accurate,
- Deliver exceptional customer service to internal and external
- Ensure work scope has been performed and unit is
- Write clear and concise service reports.
- Must have the ability to operate in a constant state of
alertness, and safe manner.
- Must be able to travel, in company service vehicle, throughout
the local counties.
- Must be able to be on-call for emergency services.
- Must complete the TAW training program that is assigned.
- Responsible for vehicle safety maintenance.
- Maintain assigned vehicle inventory and able to travel
throughout the local counties.
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times.
- Adhere to all company policies.
- Observe all safety procedures and policies and use proper
protective equipment (especially eye, ear protection and steel toe
shoes/boots, gloves, etc.).
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Report all injuries, near misses and accidents immediately to a
- All other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and
minimum 3 years' experience in the repair and maintenance of
generator systems; from 8kW to 2800 kW preferred; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Graduation from a Technical school is desired to include
generators, diesel, power gen, electric power, relay or substation
- Must have the ability to perform high quality work in a timely
and efficient manner.
- Good communication skills, enthusiastic attitude, and great
customer service skills are a must.
- Must have satisfactory driving record with the ability to
obtain a DOT medical certification.
- Must be able to respond to emergency service calls as
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or
negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well
to questions; Participates in meetings.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have
knowledge of basic computer applications.
- Mechanical aptitude required.
Physical Demands: Employee is required to: stand, walk, kneel,
squat, stoop, and crawl frequently; sit regularly; use hands to
finger to feel, handle, and grip tools and controls frequently;
reach with hands and arms frequently; talk and hear. Employee must
lift and move up to 40 pounds regularly, and occasionally lift and
move up to 85 Specific vision abilities required by the job include
close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical
parts and high, precarious places. The employee is occasionally
exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne
particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions;
extreme cold; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock and
vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually very
TAW is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer
including disabled and Veterans.
This position is located at 1500 NW 15th Avenue, Pompano Beach,
FL. View the Google Map in full screen.
Keywords: TAW, Pompano Beach , Generator Field Technician, Other , Pompano Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!