VP, Assistant General Counsel - Regulatory Payments
Location: Coral Springs
Posted on: May 20, 2023
What does a VP, Assistant General Counsel - Regulatory Payments
do?Fiserv, a leading global payments and financial services
technology solutions provider, is seeking an experienced,
commercially focused financial and payments regulatory attorney to
provide strategic commercial and regulatory support to Fiserv's
existing and emerging payments businesses and fintech service
offerings. This is a great opportunity to work on exciting payment
and fintech issues as part of an innovative and collaborative legal
department supporting the global Fiserv enterprise.To be successful
in this role, you will:
- Counsel Product and cross-functional teams on a wide variety of
regulatory issues relating to developing, using, operating and
expanding Fiserv's existing and emerging payments business and
fintech service offerings, in areas such as electronic and mobile
payments, virtual currencies, prepaid access, money transmission,
and financial services.
- Analyze and structure innovative Fiserv payment and fintech
solutions with Product, Business, Business Unit Counsel, and Risk
stakeholders to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- Develop appropriate terms and disclosures for payment and
fintech solution offerings.
- Analyze, structure, and help negotiate payment and fintech
solution agreements with FinTech, financial institution,
governmental agency, and commercial entity clients of all sizes and
agreements with partner or service providers to support payment and
fintech solution offerings.
- Collaborate with the Fiserv Government Relations function to
analyze and comment on proposed financial and payment related
legislation and regulations.
- Collaborate with Business Unit Counsel, Compliance, and Risk
teams to identify, analyze, and manage regulatory risks.
- Develop and mentor other Fiserv legal and non-legal colleagues
supporting Fiserv's payment businesses.
- The above statements are intended only to describe the general
nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive
list of position responsibilities.What you need to have:
- JD from an accredited law school
- Active license to practice law and in good standing in
- 8 + years of relevant experience working in a large law firm,
corporate legal, or government setting, with a focus on financial
services or e-commerce
- Expertise in financial and payments industry laws and
regulations such as Regulations E and Z, and Nacha and card
association rules; Internet, telephone and bill payment laws;
anti-money laundering obligations and the Bank Secrecy Act; laws
affecting credit cards, debit cards, payroll cards, gift cards, and
other physical and virtual card products; and state and federal
licensing and registration requirements applicable to financial
services businesses, including MSBs, money transmitters, payment
facilitators, and other similar frameworks.Functional Area
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to effectively
write and speak clearly in "Plain English"
- Intellectual curiosity and desire to learn complicated and
evolving businesses and products in a fast paced environment
- Sound and practical business judgment with an ability to
analyze and solve problems real-time in a creative and flexible
- Strong collaboration and teamwork orientation
- Strong leadership skills, executive presence, and advocacy
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage priorities
effectively#LI - EH1
Keywords: Fiserv, Pompano Beach , VP, Assistant General Counsel - Regulatory Payments, Legal , Coral Springs, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...