Registered Nurse Cardiovascular Intensive Care RN
Company: HCA Florida Northwest Hospital
Location: Pompano Beach
Posted on: June 18, 2022
**$20,000 Sign On Bonus for Qualified Candidates**
Registered Nurse, Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit
Full-Time Night (0.9 FTE)
Northwest Medical Center
Northwest Medical Center is a 289-bed medical center and healthcare
complex, continuously expanding and incorporating the latest
technology in the delivery of care. Awarded the Gold Seal of
Approval--- from the Joint Commission which indicates our high
standards in performance providing the highest level of services to
the population to our community. Northwest Medical Center is also
certified by the Joint Commission as primary stroke center and an
accredited chest pain center by the American College of Cardiology.
We are recognized as a Comprehensive Bariatric Center of Excellence
by the American College of Surgeons Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program.
Our facility continues growing to meet the needs of the community
we serve and features expanded capabilities in emergency, critical
care, as well as women's and children's services. Out state of the
art maternity care includes the only Level III NICU in northern
Broward County. The breadth and depth of these service lines
translates to increased professional opportunities for our
colleagues. We invite you to join a dynamic team of dedicated
healthcare professionals and explore your grow potential.
- Student Loan Repayment*
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)* *If applicable, please
refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this benefit
applies to your position.
Reporting to the Director you will be facilitating exceptional care
for the patients we serve in our 22 bed Critical Care Unit. The CV
ICU RN manages the nursing care of critically ill patients in
accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of
the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans
wounds, and monitors vital signs.
- Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Florida o or
Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing
Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life
Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and certification.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and certification.
- CCRN highly preferred
- 2-3 years of recent CVICU experience.
- Passing score of 85% on EKG Competency Exam
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50lb
For more information, please contact :
Keywords: HCA Florida Northwest Hospital, Pompano Beach , Registered Nurse Cardiovascular Intensive Care RN, Healthcare , Pompano Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!