Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) - FULLTIME - FT LAUDERDALE/POMPANO BEACH FL
Company: HealthPro Heritage
Location: Pompano Beach
Posted on: November 17, 2021
At HealthPro Heritage we hire people who share our vision, who
work diligently and provide the kind of care that will help change
patients lives for the better. As an Associate, your dedication and
commitment deserve respect and recognition. If youre looking for a
career and straightforward and realistic care expectations, maybe
its time to look at our company. The primary purpose of the
position is providing and directing speech therapy services to
patients which may include pediatric, adult and/or geriatric
persons. The goal of helping them reach their maximum performance
potential within a medical model of practice shall occur.
- On referral, evaluate the impact of available resident
information on the assessment and treatment process.
- Conduct and document a thorough assessment of the resident to
determine and diagnose communicative deficits and equipment
- Develop and implement an individualized treatment program based
on the initial evaluation and containing achievable functional
- Comply with evaluation, treatment and documentation guidelines,
and consistently maintain timely and accurate departmental
- Instruct aides in appropriate procedures and provide
supervision in accordance with applicable State law.
- Enter a progress note in the resident record following each
- Revise the residents treatment program, as needed, based upon
- Document the course of treatment in a clear, concise discharge
summary utilizing a prescribed format.
- Orient residents to program services and treatment procedures
appropriate to their needs. Inform residents of any potential risk
during any procedure.
- Work with nursing staff, resident and families to maximize
residents use of functional abilities.
- Instruct residents and family/other caregiver about therapeutic
procedures to be continued by the resident at home following
- Assist in the referral process when a resident requires
additional services following discharge. Maintain current knowledge
of community resources.
- Attend and participate, or provide information for
rehabilitation team conferences regarding resident progress,
problems or needs.
- Attend and participate in other department/facility meetings,
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to
discipline and responsibilities in order to maintain clinical
- Participate in and/or provide in-service education
- Participate in the quality improvement process by responding
appropriately to results of medical record audits, resident
satisfaction surveys, safety activities and regulations.
- Promote the programs and services of Heritage Healthcare
through formal and informal interactions with the community.
- Act in compliance with Heritage Healthcares regulatory and
professional standards and guidelines.
- Adhere to facility policies and procedures and participates in
facility quality improvement and safety programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned and required to provide
quality care to residents.
- Understand reimbursement by various payers and allocate therapy
resources efficiently in accordance with resident goals and
outcomes related to discharge destination.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of OBRA regulations, HIPAA, Local
Coverage Determination, and third party reimbursement
- Support the companys commitment to Compassionate Care; project
a professional image to foster confidence in the Rehabilitation
- Perform duties in an independent manner and recognizes
situations where direct supervision is needed; willingly helping
- Maintain the expected productivity level that has been
discussed and is expected for your position at your particular
Masters Degree in Speech and Language
Therapy.Hold a current Certificate of Clinical Competence in
Speech- Language Pathology (CCC-SLP) credential offered by the
American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.Assumes responsibility
for ongoing continuing education and professional developmentMust
maintain valid state Speech Language Pathology licensure
Internal ID: 2021-51500PandoLogic. Keywords: Pediatric Speech
Language Pathologist, Location: Pompano Beach, FL - 33066
Keywords: HealthPro Heritage, Pompano Beach , Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) - FULLTIME - FT LAUDERDALE/POMPANO BEACH FL, Healthcare , Pompano Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!