Clinical Nurse Coordinator Emergency Room
Company: Northwest Medical Center
Location: Pompano Beach
Posted on: April 11, 2021
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Registered Charge Nurse, Emergency Department Full-Time (0.9 FTE),
Night Northwest Medical Center Margate, Florida Facility
Description: Northwest Medical Center is a 289-bed medical center
and healthcare complex, continuously expanding and incorporating
the latest technology in the delivery of care. Awarded the Gold
Seal of Approval from the Joint Commission which indicates our high
standards in performance providing the highest level of services to
the population to our community. Northwest Medical Center is also
certified by the Joint Commission as primary stroke center and an
accredited chest pain center by the American College of Cardiology.
We are recognized as a Comprehensive Bariatric Center of Excellence
by the American College of Surgeons Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program. Our facility
continues growing to meet the needs of the community we serve and
features expanded capabilities in emergency, critical care, as well
as women s and children s services. Out state of the art maternity
care includes the only Level III NICU in northern Broward County.
The breadth and depth of these service lines translates to
increased professional opportunities for our colleagues. We invite
you to join a dynamic team of dedicated healthcare professionals
and explore your grow potential. Benefits: We are committed to
providing our employees with the support they need. At University
Hospital we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages
as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly
customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique
benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment*
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match 3% to 9% of pay based on years of
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)* *If applicable, please
refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this benefit
applies to your position. Job Description: The Emergency Department
RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established
policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Prioritizes patient care based on acuity level and available
- Carries out physician orders.
- Assists physician during examination, treatment and
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans
wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well
coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required. Qualifications
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Florida or Recognized
Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements,
including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life
Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and certification.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and certification.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Pediatric Life
Support Course (PALS) and certification.
- 2-3 years of recent ED experience in an acute care
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Graduate of Nursing School.
- Must have Charge Nurse experience minimum 1 year Notice Our
Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility
within your career and we take your candidate experience very
seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee
will request financial or personal information (Social Security
Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email.
The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like
Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or
job-related email, let us know by clicking here .For questions
about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers
at 1-844-###-#### option 1. Associated topics: adult nurse
practioner, anesthetist crna, aprn, arnp, assessments, assistant
cna, cardiology, clinic, neighborcare, physician assistant
Keywords: Northwest Medical Center, Pompano Beach , Clinical Nurse Coordinator Emergency Room, Healthcare , Pompano Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!