Registered Nurse (RN) Cardiac Cath Lab
Company: Northwest Medical Center
Location: Pompano Beach
Posted on: April 3, 2021
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Registered Nurse (RN)
Cardiac Cath Lab
Full-Time Days FTE 1.0
Northwest Medical Center
***$10,000.00 SIGN-ON ELIGIBLE***
External candidates only.
Northwest Medical Center is a 289-bed medical center and healthcare
complex, continuously expanding and incorporating the latest
technology in the delivery of care. Awarded the Gold Seal of
Approval from the Joint Commission which indicates our high
standards in performance providing the highest level of services to
the population to our community. Northwest Medical Center is also
certified by the Joint Commission as a primary stroke center and an
accredited chest pain center by the American College of Cardiology.
We are recognized as a Comprehensive Bariatric Center of Excellence
by the American College of Surgeons Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program.
Our facility continues growing to meet the needs of the community
we serve and features expanded capabilities in an emergency,
critical care, as well as women s and children s services. Our
state of the art maternity care includes the only Level III NICU in
northern Broward County. The breadth and depth of these service
lines translate to increased professional opportunities for our
colleagues. We invite you to join a dynamic team of dedicated
healthcare professionals and explore your growth potential.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including a
competitive salary, excellent benefit package, and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. We
would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
We are looking for a dedicated and passionate RN for our Cardiac
Cath Lab. The person in this position will be an experienced
licensed Registered Nurse, who provides patient care as part of a
multi-disciplinary team based on national standards and utilizing
the nursing process. The RN is responsible and accountable for the
delivery of specialized nursing care in all phases of the
Cardiovascular Laboratory. The Registered Nurse also is responsible
for the direction and supervision of assigned personnel delivering
said patient care. When taking a call for the purpose of
emergencies, he/she will respond to cases of Cardiac Cath patients.
The RN is expected to be competent in the following area of
- Perform Diagnostic and Interventional cardiac procedures
- Assist in the performance of Permanent Pacemaker Insertions and
- Assist as a Scrub RN
- Assist with TEE procedures, Cardioversion procedures, Cardiac
Stress test, and PICC line insertions
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability in the
performance of cardiac catheterization assessment and reassessment
and implementation of the patient's orders in accordance with the
department and organizational standards and policies.
- Continuously prioritizes patient needs based on
assessment/reassessment findings for each patient.
- Utilize and integrate all available patient data in determining
the proper completion of the patient's cardiac cath procedure.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the specific conditions, cardiac
disease and possible treatment (under guidance of physician) of the
needs of the patient served.
- Perform and document cardiac catheterization procedures
assignment consistent with hospital and department policies and
- Identify and documents patient/family/SO education needs in
relation to the cardiac catheterization procedure.
- Ensure consent for the cardiac catheterization have been signed
and are charted prior to the start of the procedure.
- Assure all documents placed in the patient's record are
accurately identified with correct patient/Cardiac Cath information
- Maintain organized patient records and cardiac cath files.
Assist with cardiac cath clerical filing.
- Comply with all Hospital and department policies regarding
documentation and HRS/Cardiac Cath requirements.
- Demonstrate knowledge of aseptic technique required for cardiac
catheterization procedures. Apply Today!
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Florida o or
Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing
Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life
Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and certification.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and certification.
- Graduate from a school of nursing.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of nursing experience preferred,
- 2 year s required 1 of which must be in an ICU, CCU, Cath Lab
Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-###-#### option 1.
Associated topics: ccu, coronary, intensive, maternal, neonatal,
nurse, nurse clinical, psychiatric, registed, unit
Keywords: Northwest Medical Center, Pompano Beach , Registered Nurse (RN) Cardiac Cath Lab, Healthcare , Pompano Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!