Registered Nurse (RN) EP Lab
Company: Northwest Medical Center
Location: Pompano Beach
Posted on: April 1, 2021
SHIFT: No Weekends
Registered Nurse (RN)
Electrophysiology (EP) Lab
Full-Time No Weekend FTE 1.0
Northwest Medical Center
***$10,000.00 SIGN-ON ELIGIBLE***
External candidates only.
Northwest Medical Center is a 289-bed medical center and healthcare
complex, continuously expanding and incorporating the latest
technology in the delivery of care. Awarded the Gold Seal of
Approval--- from the Joint Commission which indicates our high
standards in performance providing the highest level of services to
the population to our community. Northwest Medical Center is also
certified by the Joint Commission as a primary stroke center and an
accredited chest pain center by the American College of Cardiology.
We are recognized as a Comprehensive Bariatric Center of Excellence
by the American College of Surgeons Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program.
Our facility continues growing to meet the needs of the community
we serve and features expanded capabilities in an emergency,
critical care, as well as women's and children's services. Our
state of the art maternity care includes the only Level III NICU in
northern Broward County. The breadth and depth of these service
lines translate to increased professional opportunities for our
colleagues. We invite you to join a dynamic team of dedicated
healthcare professionals and explore your growth potential.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including a
competitive salary, excellent benefit package, and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. We
would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
We are looking for a dedicated and passionate RN for our
Electrophysiology Lab. The person in this position will be an
experienced licensed Registered Nurse, who provides patient care as
part of a multi-disciplinary team based on national standards and
utilizing the nursing process. The Registered Nurse also is
responsible for the direction and supervision of assigned personnel
delivering said patient care. As a Registered Nurse (RN) in the
Electrophysiology Lab, some of your task and responsibilities will
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability in the
performance of cardiac assessment and reassessment and
implementation of the patient's orders in accordance with the
department and organizational standards and policies.
- Continuously prioritize patient needs based on
assessment/reassessment findings for each patient.
- Develop and implement the patient's Plan of Care utilizing and
integrating all available, relevant patient data in accordance with
the department's standards.
- Utilize and integrate all available patient data in determining
the proper completion of the patient's cardiac procedure.
- Interpret data to determine when a patient is at acute risk and
takes appropriate measures including notification of the
- Assess patients for fall and/or injury risk and implements
appropriate safety precautions.
- Recognize and report signs and symptoms of abuse and neglect to
the physician, department director, supervisor, and/or
- Demonstrate knowledge of the specific conditions, cardiac
disease, and possible treatment (under the guidance of physician)
of the needs of the patient served.
- Perform and document cardiac procedures required by assignment
consistent with hospital and department policies and
- Evaluate and document patient's responses to the procedure
performed and communicate difficulties experienced during the
performance of the procedure to aid the physician in their
- Make appropriate and timely referrals as patient needs are
- Work collaboratively with other health care team
patient/family/SO in the
implementation of the Plan of Care.
- Evaluate and document patient's response to the Plan of Care,
communicates to the health care team, and implements necessary
- Assist with patient transportation to ensure patient safety and
reduce waiting time .
- Screen all patients for pain and performs a more comprehensive
assessment if the pain is indicated and documents appropriately .
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Florida or Recognized
Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements,
including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life
Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and certification.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and certification.
- Graduate from a school of nursing (ASN) required. BSN
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of experience required
- 2 year's required 1 of which must be in an Cath or EP Lab
- EKG, Cath COR, ACOMM, Hi-Cor Siemens Fluroscopy Table, sterile
techniques procedures experience preferred. Notice
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1- option 1.
Keywords: Northwest Medical Center, Pompano Beach , Registered Nurse (RN) EP Lab, Healthcare , Pompano Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!