Real Estate Procurment - Sr. Category Manager -
Company: AutoNation Headquarters
Location: Coral Springs
Posted on: May 8, 2022
**Must be at least 18 years old to be considered.**
Overview:Position Summary:The Senior Category Manager will manage a
portfolio of Real Estate and Facilities Management (e.g.
architectural services, construction management, building
maintenance, building critical systems, engineering, landscaping,
janitorial) spend categories and business relationships. The
position is charged with understanding the capabilities, dynamics
and competitive factors in the associated supply and labor markets.
Leveraging an established Category Management approach, he or she
will lead the development and execution of coherent, consistent
strategies for spending, pricing and vendor selection that drive
toward enhanced value and breakthrough savings.
- Develops, implements and maintains a 3 to 5-year strategic
category plan in support of the business.
- Formulates the annual procurement plan in concert with
Construction and Facilities Management stakeholders and business
unit finance during the annual budgeting process.
- Executes against the annual procurement plan with baselines
approved and deliverables ratified by Construction and Maintenance
leadership and business unit finance.
- Provides subject matter expertise and detailed analysis from
the procurement perspective, specifically in the Construction and
Facilities Maintenance category, and establishes best in class
- Develops and proposes business cases for stakeholders,
inclusive of risk.
- Interfaces with Construction and Facilities Management and
Financial Management on Lease/Buy and BPO (business process
- Partners with Construction and Facilities Management and
Operations to determine cost drivers, key suppliers in the market,
addressable cost components, market pricing and best practices etc.
Leverages "should cost" modeling and total cost of ownership to
inform business decisions.
- Understands and challenges technical specifications, commercial
& operational practices and business processes with a focus on
driving cost reduction initiatives.
- Conducts negotiations (inclusive of RFx, auctions, etc.),
manages supplier analysis, risk mitigation, and selection
- Responsible for commercial terms of contract lifecycle process.
Partners with Legal team for contract review and execution.
- Collaborates with the business on the development and the
reporting of KPIs.
- Interfaces with Construction and Maintenance operational buyers
to ensure requisition, purchase order and inventory activity
conforms to contractual terms.
- Performs additional ad hoc projects and supports other
categories as required.
Nature and Scope:
- Reports to the Director of Procurement.
- The role is a key member of the Procurement team and will be
expected to contribute widely to the development of process and
capability of the entire Procurement function.
- High degree of judgment and independent decision making;
moderate strategy formulation within specific categories
- Management responsibility includes organizing, delegating,
measuring, monitoring, guiding, coaching, and evaluating.
- Internally, interacts with senior and functional management and
a broad array of stakeholders across the organization.
- Externally, interacts with incumbent and potential vendors via
negotiation, collaboration, and being the organization's face to
the vendor community within specific categories.
- BS/BA from accredited university in Business, Supply Chain,
Finance or a related field with 10 years progressively responsible
experience. MS/MBA preferred.
- Excellent leadership, communications, presentation, analytical,
and problem-solving skills
- Influential and persuasive thought leader
- Analytical and strategic thinker who is financially savvy with
strong business acumen
- Demonstrated ability to gather, analyze, and draw conclusions
from quantitative data
- Strong ability to implement selected solutions effectively and
multi-task in tight timelines
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Proficient in project management skills and spend analytics
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or CPSM certification
- Expertise in advanced functionality of the MS Office Suite
- Experience with Procurement tools and software in addition to
familiarity with a formal Category Management approach is
- Construction procurement experience strongly preferred
- Automotive experience a plus
Keywords: AutoNation Headquarters, Pompano Beach , Real Estate Procurment - Sr. Category Manager -, Executive , Coral Springs, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!