Director of Cost Accounting
Company: Solomon Page
Location: Coral Springs
Posted on: January 16, 2022
A manufacturing company in Coral Springs is seeking a Cost
Accounting Director to join their growing team. The Cost Accounting
Director will be responsible for all cost accounting functions and
inventory management. Activities include product costing, variance
analysis, and financial analysis support. The position is expected
to regularly interact with the production operations of the
business including being present on the factory floor. This role
reports to the CFO.
- Perform all activities of the cost accounting function
including planning, organizing, and directing
- Responsible for inventory accuracy, including counts, excess,
obsolete, valuation, etc.
- Oversee or prepare cost estimates for new or special products
to establish selling prices and production forecasts.
- Conduct ratio and trend analysis
- Support financial audits, federal contractor audits, and ISO
audits as required
- Review, approve, and prepare all assigned month-end closing
procedures, including but not limited to: inventory reconciliations
and calculations, journal entries, financial results analysis, and
explanations to management
- Prepare production variances including material, labor,
overhead, and purchase price variances monthly, quarterly and
- Calculates burden rates and support set up of expense budgets
for manufacturing departments
- Define policies and procedures for all cost accounting
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration. (CPA
- 10+ years of experience with Cost Accounting in Industry
(and/or Public Accounting.)
- Ability to develop and implement effective cost accounting
procedures and improvements.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, and
ability to work with all levels of management.
- High attention to detail.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Bilingual Spanish helpful, but not required
If interested, please apply.
The Solomon Page Distinction
Our teams, comprised of subject matter experts, develop an interest
in your preferences and goals and we act as an advisor for your
career advancement. Solomon Page has an extensive network of
established clients which allows us to present opportunities that
are well-suited to your respective goals and needs - this
specialized approach sets us apart in the industries we serve.
About Solomon Page
Founded in 1990, Solomon Page is a specialty niche provider of
staffing and executive search solutions across a wide array of
functions and industries. The success of Solomon Page reflects an
organic growth strategy supported by a highly entrepreneurial
culture. Acting as a strategic partner to our clients and
candidates, we focus on providing customized solutions and building
long-term relationships based on trust, respect, and the consistent
delivery of excellent results. For more information and additional
opportunities, visit: solomonpage.com and connect with us on
Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Keywords: Solomon Page, Pompano Beach , Director of Cost Accounting, Executive , Coral Springs, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!