Home Health Nursing Manager - $10K Bonus
Company: Interim HealthCare
Location: Pompano Beach
Posted on: January 13, 2022
General Purpose:To assure quality patient/client care and
services are provided to in home clients. - Accountable for making
decisions based on his/her educational preparation and experience
in nursing. Essential Functions:
- Performs assessments and procedures, which require substantial
specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skill based upon
principles of psychological, biological, physical and social
- Develops working relationships with discharge planners and
social service workers.
- Assesses and reviews the matching of employee skills to client
- Visits in home clients to evaluate the quality of care being
provided and reviews clinical notes.
- Completes nursing initial and ongoing assessments of all in
home clients within specified deadlines.
- Participates in ongoing interdisciplinary assessment of the
- Participates in the development and evaluation of the plan of
care in partnership with the patient, representative (if any), and
- Obtains physicians plans of treatment and orders, and initiates
- Provides services that are ordered by the physician as
indicated in the plan of care.
- Counsels and educates the patient/client and family in meeting
healthcare related needs.
- Completes timely and accurate clinical notes including
addressing the patient's/client's progress.
- Effectively communicates with other members of the
interdisciplinary healthcare team providing care to promote
coordination of patient/client care and planning for
- Communicates with all physicians involved in the plan of care
and other health care practitioners (as appropriate) related to the
current plan of care.
- Supervises paraprofessional and licensed professional team
- Secures equipment and supplies and coordinates placement for
use in the home.
- Refers to other services as needed.
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
- Participates in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement
- Participates in in-services or training, as requested.
- Participates in the Office's Emergency Preparedness program, as
- Follows accepted standards of nursing practice.
- Uses clinical decision making to efficiently and effectively
manage an assigned patient population.
- Accesses personal health information ("PHI") necessary to
fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. - Access to use and
ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each
organization/department.Minimum Education & Experience
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and has a current
license as a Registered Nurse in the state(s) in which he/she
- Two (2) years of current nursing experience preferred.
- One (1) year management experience preferred.
- Preferred: - Community health and a wide range of
Medical-Surgical experience.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Able to perform and evidence of current CPR certification for
adults, children and infants.
- Able to demonstrate basic understanding of computers and
- Able to work with people, function well under stress, use
clinical judgment, be creative and accept challenges.
- Able to effectively communicate in English with all levels of
the workforce, both clinical and non-clinical.
- Able to perform and prioritize multiple functions or
- Able to read and interpret technical instructions related to
the care of the patient.
- Able to visually and aurally observe and assess the
- Able to effectively deal with multiple changes based on patient
needs and scheduling.
- Able to provide proof of valid driver's license, if
- Able to provide proof of valid auto liability insurance if
assignment(s) include driving own vehicle to transport
patient.Working Conditions & Physical Effort: -
- Able to occasionally travel within geographic area serviced by
- Meets the applicable health requirements to provide patient
care per applicable law or regulation.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work
environment but may require frequent visits to patient/client
- Occasional exposure to communicable diseases, bloodborne
pathogens and/or other potentially infectious or hazardous
materials and situations that require following extensive safety
precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
- Able to constantly stand, walk, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and
- Able to frequently lift, reposition, and transfer patients.
- Able to constantly grasp with thumb in opposition to fingers of
palm, i.e. manipulate pen, knobs or objects.
- Medium physical activity that may require occasional lifting,
pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs. in order to carry out daily job
functions and related activities that may be required.#CB
Keywords: Interim HealthCare, Pompano Beach , Home Health Nursing Manager - $10K Bonus, Executive , Pompano Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!