Airship Blimp Mechanic
Company: The Goodyear Tire and Rubbber Company
Location: Pompano Beach
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Requisition ID: 118448
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: No
Goodyear. More Driven.
About the Position
Goodyear is excited to introduce this newly opened opportunity to
work for the Goodyear Blimp team and travel the country with the
airship and crew. Looking for a mechanic with an A&P license
that is excited to work for a highly collaborative team that is
always on the move. Under the direct supervision of the Airship
Lead Mechanic, the position is responsible for maintaining
Goodyear's Airship, and will focus on organizing, planning, and
executing planned and unplanned maintenance. This position will
also provide additional operational support as required.
- The Airship Mechanic will work in conjunction with other blimp
team members to ensure that all Airship operations run smoothly and
efficiently, both at the base and on the road (usually up to 100
- Under the direction of the Airship Lead Mechanic, responsible
for performing all maintenance activities on the airship, ensuring
all work is performed in accordance with approved manufacturer's
technical and FAA data. Responsible for maintaining all airship
maintenance records in accordance with current FAA
- Responsible for planned and unplanned maintenance, including
troubleshooting and making adjustments to the airship control
systems using the maintenance software system. Works with the
Airship Lead Mechanic coordinating and planning line maintenance
- As directed by the Lead Mechanic, will be responsible for
assisting in the maintenance of the ground support equipment,
hydraulic power packs, maintenance platforms and any additional
equipment used to support the airship.
- As directed by the Crew Chief will provide operational support,
standing watch, and driving vehicles assisting with airship ground
- Responsible for leading technical training for other mechanics.
Maintain training requirements to be engine run qualified. Will
also Manages spare parts, consumable inventories, and tool
- Provide a positive public image for The Goodyear Tire & Rubber
Company and the Airship Operations team to the general public,
media outlets, and customers. Represent the Company and Airship
Operations in a professional and appropriate manner.
Required Education and Experience
- FAA Airframe and PowerPlant license required.
- High school degree required..
- 0-5 years of aviation or airship maintenance experience.
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Required to maintain a personal body weight equal to or less
than 240 lbs.
- Associate degree in Aviation Maintenance Technology
- Proficient with using calibrated tools, calipers, micrometers,
torque wrenches, and other hand tools.
- Proficient in use of electrical, hydraulic, fuel schematics,
and mechanical drawings.
- Proficient in operating man lifts, scissor lifts, boom lifts,
and maintenance platforms.
- Proficient with maintaining Airship logs and FAA Records.
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. It employs
about 74,000 people and manufactures its products in 57 facilities
in 23 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in
Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop
state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and
performance standard for the industry. For more information about
Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate .
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to that individual's race, color,
religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or
mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online
application, or any other part of the employment process, please
contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.
Click here for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity
laws, and here for additional supplementary information.
Keywords: The Goodyear Tire and Rubbber Company, Pompano Beach , Airship Blimp Mechanic, Engineering , Pompano Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!