Company: Jack Link's Beef Jerky
Location: Pompano Beach
Posted on: September 15, 2023
We are a growing family office supporting a vibrant entrepreneurial
family. Our mission is to help each principle flourish personally
and financially. Humility, excellence and a servant's heart guides
all our actions. We believe each day is an opportunity to improve
while making a difference in the lives of our principles, our team
members and our communities. We are a passionate team that harness
scrappy resourcefulness and determination to get things done.
Join the team, make a difference, be part of something special.
We are looking for a high performing, hands on Controller committed
to furthering their professional career and development by
supporting a growing dynamic family office in Pompano Beach, FL.
The candidate will be deeply rooted in the success of the family
office. The Controller's primary role is to ensure that the
financial books and records reflect the economic reality of the
various constituents and to protect their assets. This is a highly
visible, robust role within a boutique environment. This is not a
Reporting to the Director of Finance, Shareholder Services, the
Controller will lead a team of two accounting professionals to
efficiently and effectively:
- Lead, coach, engage and professionally develop team members
with a focus on developing functional, interpersonal, and
- Full responsibility for managing the general ledger process and
coding of financial transactions to ensure the accuracy of all
relevant financial statements.
- Lead the teams through period, quarter and year-end close
activities to include general ledger entries, analysis and account
reconciliations for family-owned businesses.
- Oversees, plans and collects data from ERP system and other
sources to determine revenue/costs of specific business
- Support process flow initiatives conducted by Supply Chain and
ensure that accurate accounting and valuation of inventory is
- Preparation of monthly and year-end financial statements for
family members, trusts and certain family entities.
- Maximize returns of financial assets by establishing financial
policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems and train
accounting staff in best practice procedures.
- Maintain a cash flow projection for family members, trusts and
certain family entities.
- Develop and maintain annual budgets and updated forecasts for
family members, trusts and certain family entities.
- Oversee the family office accounts payable/invoice payment
process with a focus towards electronic payment processing.
- Internal control review and oversight, to include development
of policies and procedures as needed to increase the completeness,
accuracy, validity and timeliness of accounting information.
- Perform proactive accounting reviews of family office operating
companies to improve general ledger accuracy and backend processing
efficiency and transparency.
- Become proficient in the use of Sage Intacct and other
supporting software to ensure efficient use of technology and
- Identify risks and inefficiencies in operations business
processes and recommend technology-based solutions.
- Lead the development, and ongoing reporting, of proactive
management reporting for family office stakeholders utilizing
current, and potentially future technology.
- Analyze month end reports for variances to forecast and budget
and follow up on unusual variances to ensure understanding.
- Establish strong working relationships with all stakeholders,
including internal and external partners.
- Lead, develop and manage a professional financial team to
include recruiting, onboarding and training, development and
engagement of all new team members.
- Investigate and resolve various business challenges.
- Assist in special projects as determined by family office
- Lead support of year-end audits, tax preparation, and tax
compliance issues as needed.
- Provide other accounting assistance as needed.
- Provide backup to other family office positions.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as necessary.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or related or equivalent
experience. Required Experience:
- 6+ years of experience in an accounting capacity, including 2+
years supervisory/management responsibilities.
- A strong coach with demonstrated skills and experience in
providing feedback and development opportunities that engages Team
Members, creating a bench of future talent from within
- Strong hands on working knowledge of Sage Intacct (and other
accounting software) highly desired.
- Fully conversant in Microsoft Office applications (Internet
navigation, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook), specifically
MS Excel, including but not limited to pivot tables, formulas, data
mining and exporting data sets from larger files.
- Can identify areas of needed improvement and offer positive,
- Enjoy pushing their boundaries and continuously improving as a
person and professional.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and change direction.
- Desire to learn and take on responsibility.
- Must be able to self-manage and operate with minimal
supervision and handle assignments that are complex and urgent in
- Strong team leader with excellent interpersonal and
- Strong accounting, financial and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, independently or
with a team.
- Are client-service driven and willing to lend a hand beyond
their job description, a true team member.
- Willing to travel 10-15% to other family office locations
and/or operating companies to provide necessary support Preferred:
- CPA desired and MBA a plus Emotional maturity, a professional
mindset and discretion are a must in this position. The majority of
work will be shared with instruction for what is trying to be
accomplished and guidance on a couple variables at play - but the
candidate will be asked to figure out the rest with ingenuity and
resourcefulness. Often, instructions will be sketched out, but not
engineered on your behalf.
Candidates should have a record of success in improving processes,
excellent project management skills and demonstrated ability to
meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests and
manage lateral and upwards.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must work
effectively with all levels of management and Team Members.
Must demonstrate effective leadership, problem solving,
presentation, and Team Member motivational skills.
Jack Link's Core Values:
- Company values: Be Real, Speed Matters, Stewardship,
Relationship Driven, Self-Discipline, and Show Awesome
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to be successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly
required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, lift
and/or move up to 25 pounds, and talk or hear. The employee is
occasionally required to sit, and reach with hands and arms. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. The work environment is a plant /
office setting with varying degrees of temperatures and noise
levels. Exposure to manufacturing equipment movement and wet /
slippery floors. Travel may be required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Jack Link's provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all
persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship
status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed,
gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression,
genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public
assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic that is
protected by federal, state or local law.
Jack Link's is participant in the federal E-Verify program to
confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly
hired employees. For information about the E-Verify program, please
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: Jack Link's Beef Jerky, Pompano Beach , Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Pompano Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!